1. THE PARTIES / EFFECTIVE DATE. This Agreement is made between Cohn Legal, PLLC (“Attorney“) and You (“Client“) and is effective as of the latest date of signing by Client.
2. LEGAL SERVICES PROVIDED, RESPONSIBILITIES OF ATTORNEY AND CLIENT The Legal Services to be provided by Attorney to Client are: (i) The monitoring of trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and/or other trademark offices throughout the world, to discover and determine which existing trademarks, if any, may infringe on the trademark rights covered under your trademark application; Notifying You of any potentially infringing trademarks as determined by our Attorneys. We will provide You with an email report every month detailing our findings. Additional services not contemplated by this agreement will require an additional fee which will be discussed with you in advance of any additional billing.
3. FEE. Depending on whether you have selected to have your trademark monitored only in the USPTO or in the trademark offices of the specified countries across the world, the Flat Fee for the Legal Services agreed to by the Attorney and Client is either $750.00 or $1000.00 per trademark (the “Flat Fee“), per year. This Service will automatically renew every year from the date that this agreement is executed and paid for. All sales are Final. You have the option to cancel the following year’s Service by notifying us at least 30 days before the start of the next year’s billing cycle.
4. WORK PRODUCT: The writings, notes, memoranda, reports of conversations, research and confidential materials which we prepare will be maintained in strict confidence and under the provisions of the attorney-client privilege.
5. TERMINATION: As is appropriate in any professional relationship, You may terminate our engagement at any time upon reasonable notice to us, and we retain the right to terminate this agreement as well.
6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT / SEVERABILITY. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the Parties. No other agreement, statement, or promise made on or before the effective date of this Agreement will be binding on the Parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, in whole or in part, to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire Agreement will be severable and remain in effect.
7. CLIENT ASSENT. While we agree to represent you to the best of our ability, you must understand that no results can be guaranteed and we do not warrant that your trademark will necessarily be registered by the USPTO. By Submitting payment, Client agrees to the terms of this agreement.