TEAS is a robust system and allows applicants to submit names, logos and even applications for sound marks and motion marks. To submit an application for a sound trademark, TEAS requires the sound file to be a WAV, WMV, WMA, or MP# and may not exceed 5 MB in size. To submit a sound mark file;
1. Upon arriving at the “Mark Information” stage of the new application, please select the “Sound Mark” option by engaging the radio button.
2. Select the “Browse” button to find the sound file on your computer.
3. Locate the sound file on your computer and click toe “Upload File” button to attach it to your application.
4. Verify that the sound file has been uploaded and provide a description of the sound in the relevant input box.
To submit a motion trademark, please submit a drawing containing several freeze frames which illustrate different stages of the motion in order to convey to the USPTO examiner the commercial impression of the mark.
To submit drawing and image files, TEAS has a number of requirements;
1. Image must be in JPG format
2. The image must be 5 MB or smaller
3. The name o fthe file itself cannot exceed 256 characters long
4. The trademark image must not also include trademark registration symbols including the “Circle R”.
5. If the applicant is not claiming color as a feature of the trademark, the image should be submitted in black and white or grayscale.
6. The submitted image may not be zipped or compressed
7. The submitted image should be a high-quality version of the image with a high resolution.